Scholastic India is pleased to announce the Scholastic Writing Awards 2013 for outstanding original works by students of Classes 4 to 9, in the category of fiction/short story in English.
Scholastic Writing Awards is an annual competition that encourages students to use their writing skills and creativity.
|Category for this year||Fiction/Short story|
|Group 1 (Classes 4-6)||1200-2000 words|
|Group 2 (Classes 7-9)||2000-2500 words|
Choose one of the following themes and write an original short story using that theme.
|Topic for Group 1||Topic for Group 2|
The Secret Diary
|Starting line – And they lived happily ever after|
CALL FOR ENTRIES
February 1, 2013
March 22, 2013
Entries received after the last date will be rejected.
Copyright for stories selected for awards will be the exclusive property of Scholastic India.
Once an entry has been submitted, students and the schools are bound by the Award guidelines.
Children whose parents are employees with Scholastic are not eligible to win prizes.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The three prize winning entries from each group along with the two runners-up entries will feature in an anthology titled For Kids by Kids: The Best of the Scholastic Writing Awards 2013.
Scholastic Writing Awards Go Online!
Last date for submission of entries: March 22, 2013.
How to enter Scholastic Writing Awards 2013
- Go to the Scholastic India homepage www.scholastic.co.in and click on the Scholastic Writing Awards icon or go directly to the following url: www.scholastic.co.in/swa
- Click on Register.
- Fill in the details in the online form.
- Once you submit the form you will be sent a log in ID on the registered id of the school/student.
- All registered users will be able to use the log in ID to submit their entry only after February 1, 2013 by going to the Scholastic India homepage www.scholastic.co.in or at the following url: www.Scholastic.co.in/swa
- To submit an entry, simply log in using your log in ID and attach the entry as a Word document.
- The name of your word document should be the same as the title of your story.
- Make sure each submission also lists the name of the student, the class, the school and the address.
- When you log in to submit an entry, please click on the relevant icon to do so: Group 1 (Classes 4-6) or Group 2 (Classes 7-9).
- Schools can submit a maximum of four entries (two for each Group).
- Entries received after the last date will be disqualified.